Facilitation Skills — Program
Making meetings productive
TMIʼs Facilitation Skills training course is a practical ʻhow-toʼ training program, that introduces tools and techniques to enhance your facilitation skills.
Facilitation is all about making things easy. But facilitating a challenging meeting successfully can be far from it. If you have ever been tasked with leading problem solving workshop, chairing a discussion, or facilitating a meeting, you will know all too well, that trying to manage an agenda, as well as participants can be a challenge.
This program takes an in-depth look at the techniques of effective facilitation – whatʼs happening, when, and how you handle it. From fielding difficult questions that can leave you exposed, to handling very different people who might appear to want to ruin your day, the Professional Facilitator gives you the skills and confidence to tackle just about anything.
The course is based on the concept of the Facilitation Cycle, breaking each stage of the cycle down into detail. This course aims to improve the skills and confidence of those who facilitate group workshops or meetings as part of their personal and professional lives. Specifically the course is designed to provide three things:
- An awareness and understanding of the key skills involved in facilitation
- An introduction to tools and techniques that can dramatically improve your facilitation practice
- Practical experience of facilitating in a safe environment, receiving constructive personal feedback
Key benefits for your organization
- Meetings will be more productive
- Greater efficiency
- Goals will be clear
- Action plans will be created and monitored
- Targets will be set and followed up
- Everyone will be aware of their role on the project
Key benefits for participants
As a result of attending this program participants will be able to:
- Understand what facilitation is
- Know what a good facilitator does – the key skills and competencies involved
- Know and be able to use a range of tools and techniques to manage groups effectively
- Demonstrate the skills and competencies of effective facilitation in action
- How to get clear on context, goals and objectives
- Help groups make good decisions
- Know what to do when the process gets stalled or sidetracked
- Get clarification and feedback
- Manage conflict within the group
- Establish ground rules, roles and managing the process
Managers and business professionals who want to improve their skills in managing different types of meetings and workshops productively.