Effective Delegation — Program
Delegating tasks is a vital survival skill for you as a manager, whether you manage an entire organization, a department, team or a project. Delegate, have confidence in others and increase their competence. Effective delegation implies that a manager assigns power and authority to employees, and that employees are willing and able to take responsibility. This program outlines those ʻhardʼ and ʻsoftʼ rules that management and employees must live by in order to make delegation work effectively for everyone.
Societies, companies, organizations work units and families cannot function effectively without delegating tasks and responsibilities. Delegating tasks is a vital skill for everybody responsible for tasks performed in interaction with others.
In spite of the fact that there are obvious advantages to delegation, many managers still do not use delegation effectively. Perhaps it is not a well-known skill, perhaps it has not been practiced. However, in most cases the reason has something to do with attitude and trust.
Delegating responsibilities takes courage. It takes self-confidence and trust in others, in their competence and ability to learn. Management, as an activity, can be defined as ʻcreating results with and through othersʼ. Delegating tasks is a central skill for everybody who is responsible for performing tasks in interaction with others.
Effective delegation demands a lot from managers and employees. Most business literature on delegation takes as itʼs starting point the managerʼs situation, and the methods are focused on what the manager will do to ensure that delegation becomes effective. The role of the employee is often underestimated. A competent employee can contribute tremendously to effective delegation, both when the managerʼs delegation technique is good, and when it is not as good as it could be.
Many managers have tried delegating a task and ended up doing it all themselves. In the delegation process a few rules must be adhered to. This program will map out the rules of the game, and help you realize why they are necessary.
Key benefits for your organization
- Employees have more job satisfaction
- Improved learning and development for key staff
- Easier succession when a manager leaves or is moved
- Improved morale and team spirit
- Sharing of responsibilities
- Workloads become more even
- Improved company performance
- Corporate objectives achieved
Key benefits for participants
As a result of attending this program participants will be able to:
- Understand task management versus personnel management
- The manager’s main tasks
- Delegate tasks as a key to staff development
- Know and apply the five forms of delegation – what should be delegated, and what should NOT be delegated
- Anticipate the barriers to successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities
- To take the 3 self-tests: How do you delegate? What is your attitude to delegation? How good are you at taking on delegated tasks?
- Know the golden rules of delegation
- Coach – a simple model for staff development
- Create a 6-point implementation plan to ensure the long-term success
Managers at all levels who want to become more effective by focusing on things of importance that no one else can do, while helping others to learn and grow.
Do things ever slip through the cracks because of poor delegation at your organization? We can help with clear guidance and direction.